Asbestos seems to have died down a little in the media, but it is still a touchy topic. The most common question we get is, “ Do I need to worry about asbestos in my home?” The answer is always yes! Asbestos is a highly dangerous fiber that can enter your body through your nose or mouth. Asbestos fibers are minuscule and cannot be seen, making it even more dangerous. Asbestos exposure can make you incredibly ill and cause illnesses such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, and death. Below, we will discuss where asbestos could be in your home and what you should do.

Once asbestos fibers enter your body, they can remain silent, not showing any symptoms. It could be decades before you notice any type of signs from asbestos exposure. Once you do notice symptoms, they are usually severe. Asbestos exposure caused severe respiratory problems and cancer. Surprisingly, many people exposed in the 70s are just now showing symptoms. This is one of the reasons asbestos exposure has become more popular in the news. Asbestos could be in your home or business and exposing you without your knowledge.
What are the common places asbestos could be in my home or business?

Asbestos fibers were used in many construction materials over the years. Below we will discuss a few of the more common materials.
• Popcorn Ceilings
• Tiles
• Cords
• Wallpaper Adhesives
• Flooring
• Roofing
• Tiles
• Insulation
• Caulking
• Glues

While these are the more common places, asbestos fibers were also used in other items such as hot plates, crock pots, and even electric blankets. Asbestos fibers are known to be durable and heat resistant. If you have an older home or business have it tested immediately for asbestos. If you do have asbestos-containing materials, have them removed by a certified asbestos removal specialist. It could save your life.